Speed My Way

7 Dec

Gosh, I woke up early today. I can't believe my holiday life is so packed and energetic. My schedule is closely packed and I just don't know what to do!

Okay, I've got a morning shock. Rebecca woke me up with a sms that she couldn't come to pick me up to church! O God! I so wanted to go to Matthew Cho's church! Nevermind, nothing is gonna stop me now! I AM SO GOING! I don't care, I'm determined! I called up Nancy who came up to my house to preach earlier to arrange my transportation. Not long later, Joshua called up that he'll be the one picking me up.

I went down to have my breakfast with my grandmother, just to save my breakfast money, hehe! It was still very early before Joshua came, so I read newspaper there, got to know that there was a terrible land slide went on. O God! 14 houses involved and 4 deaths reported if I'm not wrong. Joshua came and picked me there. We had a little chat and thanks for his encouragement to stand firm in Jesus.

Matthew greeted me as soon as I reached the church. There was a lot of elderly in the church, I can hardly see any teenager like me. Well, Grace came to greet me as well. A girl of course. I shook hand to whoever that came to shake mine, lol. I was a total stranger there.

The worship started and it totally stunted me that how God's people would enjoy so much in giving praises and thanks! They were actually dancing and laughing all the while! It was much like a party than a worship! I couldn't believe my eyes! So this is joy that Jesus has brought us! I started to mix in, at least and moved a little too, haha!

Then Matthew's father who is the pastor of the church started giving us sermon. The sermon was conducted in bilingual, English and Mandarin, another woman as the translator.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."


Pastor was telling us that "Attitude determines our life standard". We all thought, the more we have, the happier we are, but this is not really true. It is the heart of gratitute and thankfulness that brought joy into our life.

I had my own thought actually. Certainly God likes to bless us, to answer our prayers. Sometimes the blessing we receives is little. Imagine two persons asked for the same thing from God and God blessed them with the same amount of thing, let's say RM1, just an example. One man received the RM1 with heart of thankfulness and jumped for joy while another complaint that RM1 is not enough. In the end, who received more?! I would say the one received the blessing with heart of thankfulness, because besides the RM1, he received joy and peace while the other received only RM1 and a heart of unsatisfaction and will never have peace keep thinking of how to get more blessing. Isn't that true?! Receive blessings with a heart of thanksfulness, you shall receive more!

The service ended at 12.30p.m. Thanks to Joshua who took the trouble to fetch me back again. I had to rush home because I was going to have my driving lesson at 2p.m. I waved Matthew and got phone number from Grace (typical action for me now) before I went off.

Reached home at 1p.m. I had 2 roti canai and took away some food for my grandmother and aunts. I rested while waiting for my mother's cousin to pick me up for the lesson.

She reached at 2.10p.m., slightly late as scheduled. She left the driver's seat and asked me to drive. I was kind of nervous though I know how to drive already. I forgot to buckle up and release the handbrake. Haha! Fortunately she reminded me. So there we go!

I practically jerked the car whenever I stopped and accelerate with the 1st gear, I was not really good with the clutch until my aunt taught me the correct way. Later the journey was smoother and actually went up to 75kmph, my gosh!

We reached the training center in no time due to my speed, lol. She brought me around by showing me the route which is in the first part of the test. So much to do in just a short journey. Signalling, turning, stopping and etc just confused me for a moment. Thanks to my aunt who gave me a very clear instruction. Then she brought be to the B part of the test which consists of side parking, three-point-turning and hill climbing. I wasn't really good with the parking because I wasn't good in estimating the distance. But after a few practice I got it all good and I actually went for the pre-test. I did good in the pre-test but I actually failed the parking test if it was the real test. I exceeded the limit line.

I signed out and had my last practice for the B part before we went home. I drove home again this time, and this time was real good because I got use to the car. We kept chatting until I didn't notice my speedometer, I sped up to 85kmph which freaked me out when I realised it.

I was honked by a car because I forcefully switched to the left lane without noticing the cars on the left. OMG! Thank God accident was avioded! That was really a good experience for me!

Reached aunt's barber shop at 5p.m. and I had a nap. At least I came back in one piece. You know, I kept praying to God that my engine would not die off during the three-point-turning. Lol.

I went dinner with my aunt and uncle. Have you ever tried a hot soup? It is real HOT~! Spicy I mean. Sliced pork cooked with massive ginger and other spices. OMG! It tastes great!

Reached my home sweet home at last at 8.30p.m.! Haha! Left home for 12 hours, what a long day! Tomorrow's holiday! What to do?!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Sea Raging in Me

If I Had Walked Away

November? No, Remember! Part 4