Doubted Him?!

Today, 20 minutes before my tuition class ends, all of sudden, it rained cats and dogs (someone taught me this idiom, I hate idioms. Imagine-lah, if God send cats and dogs from Heaven, SPCA will be in big trouble, am I right? No wonder it is to describe a heavy downpour, it floods SPCA, haha!), I was like, "My Goodness, how am I gonna go home? Wonder she's home." So, for my and her sake, I prayed:"Father Lord, You send this rain Lord, will you stop it Lord. Stop the rain Lord, so that I will be able to go home without getting wet." Few seconds later, I doubted:"Is it really gonna stop?"

Have you ever doubted His power? You always pray, and ask for something you want, then you doubt:"Will it come true?"

Matthew 21:22 [If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.]

Matthew 21:22 is one of my favourite verse. I always have them in my mind every time I pray. But, as normal, my weak, tiny faith had always failed me. I doubt every time I ask. That's why my prayers don't always come true. It's not really that it did not come true, probably I did not realize it had been fulfilled.

Jesus also said :"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." but first you must believe, just as written in Matthew 21:22, and do not doubt.

Matthew 21:21 [Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done.]
Mark 11:23 [I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him.]


Beware that Satan will keep on seducing you, causing you to doubt God's power. So, stay still on your position, don't let Satan wins you. Learn from Jesus, in Matthew 4:6, Satan was trying to tempt Jesus to doubt God's power by saying :
"If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down. For it is written:
" 'He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.'"


But Jesus, in the following verse stood strictly against Satan, Matthew 4:7 [Jesus answered him, "It is also written: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'"]

So, listen to God, and do not doubt Him, leave it to Him to fulfill your prayer, and be patient. He just want to test your patience, because He wants you to be like Him:

Exodus 34:6, Nehemiah 9:17, Psalm 86:15, Psalm 103:8, Psalm 145:8, Joel 2:13, Jonah 4:2 [......the LORD, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love ......]


This verse is repeated in several books and chapters to show how great and loving God really is, and there are more which is similar to this.

So, no doubt, He is powerful, so don't doubt!

John 20:27 [Then he said to Thomas, "......Stop doubting and believe."]

In the end, I went home all wet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had Walked Away

That Sea Raging in Me

November? No, Remember! Part 4