Can You Forgive Them?

"What are the factors that causes prayers go unanswered?" the pastor said. I didn't know "unforgiveness" is one of the factor, that's why most of my prayers go unanswered.

I do have someone that I could not forgive, or I should say, a family that I could not forgive. It is kinda hard for me to forgive them, for all the damage and impact that they had cause to my family. Wrecking our house, threatening us, mistreating us.

Matthew 5:23,24 ["Therefore, if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother; then come and offer your gift.]

I can still remember the scene where they were wrecking my grandma's house. Using a 12lbs hammer, they knocked open the gate, inside, children and old folks, frightened. Fortunately, the thick wooden door held them from coming in. The husband of that family, he was like a mad cow kept banging on the door, threatened to kill us. He offered a negotiation, but who would go out and talk with a tall, strong, furious, uneducated man with a 12lbs hammer on his hand. He was completely out of his mind. If we went out and talked to him, probably the negotiation will be an unfair one, as he has a weapon, we didn't. What was far worse, when we went to the police department, clearly he should be arrested for "demolishing" private property, but it ended up my family to be the suspect instead of a victim while he walked out of the police station laughing and petting a police's shoulder. I don't know what the heck happened to both him and the police, either they were gays or he bribed (or bride-d) the police. It boiled my blood when my parents (who went to the police station) came back telling me that the man was celebrating and popping champaign downstairs.

The start of this very story lies far, far away. To make the story short, the wife of the family, was also a school bus driver, however, an illegal one. She was envy that my mum successfully got her school bus license and officially became a school bus driver with a freshly painted yellow school bus. She couldn't compete with my mum, then she started to complain to her or probably his uneducated, violent husband. Besides, she started to get in my mum's way by disturbing her, threatening her and even worse, purposely hit my mum's car and telling people that it was my mum's fault. She was misleading. It was her who beat my aunt and my mum went after her with my neighbours to protect my aunt but she told people that my mum went after her to beat her up and called for help, and somehow, those people believed her.

I mean, can you even forgive them? For me, nah, not a chance. But I was deeply impressed by what God can do, forgiving humans for their sins, even it's against Him (almost every sin is against Him, or probably all). I wonder how can He do it. No wonder people says, becoming a Christian can't make you God.

Can I act like God? Forgiving people that did wrong against you? Ya, I will try, though it's hard. Just like this quote read from someone's personal message.
"Forgiveness is given; reconciliation is earned. Forgiveness cancels all debts, but it does not eliminate all consequences."
The consequences had been caused, which held us back from forgiving people. However in either way, to forgive or not to forgive, we have to face the consequences, why can't we just forgive people and face the consequences, at least it pleases God, far better than not forgiving them! And by forgiving them, you can have the bonus that your prayers will be answered.

Forgiveness takes courage, and might costs your life or property. We can't be like God, but we can follow what God does.

It's hard for me, but I will try my best.

Say this prayer:" Father in Heaven, I want to commit this/these men and/or women into your hands Lord, that you may bless them Lord. I want to forgive them Lord, for all the things, good or bad they did to me Lord, and forgive me Lord. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had Walked Away

That Sea Raging in Me

November? No, Remember! Part 4