MDJ 19 Oct 2012

ODB 19 Oct 2012
Titus 3:3 (ESV) "For we ourselves were once......slaves to various passions and pleasures..." This part of the verse stayed with me particularly. I clearly know why. But I do not wish to stay on it. I feel sorry for myself nevertheless. Though Christ has changed many aspects of my life, I have to admit that flesh is one hard thing to deal with. I'm glad that Christ came to save us (Titus 3:4-7) and I ought to be ready for every good work (Titus 3:1).

I really take pride and gratitude for every gift that God has blessed me with. I thank God that I can speak publicly comfortably, I can do many and achieve many that others may find difficult. And I possess that passion and love for God and His people. I always thought I have had enough gift, but after reading today's passage, it gave me another thought. "Just because a skill is not needed right now doesn't mean it never will be."

Maybe I should be open to God to put in me various gifts. I may not need it now, but who knows what kind of service God would call me into, that might need me to dig out that dusty gift from my stash and it still shines brightly.

The first thing that came into my mind is my Engineering Degree. I've always thought that I'm not meant for this. But no one knows if God would ask me to use my knowledge in the future. Then it only means that I should do my best now to equip myself well in this, so that, when God calls me, I can just dig my degree out.

I really want to serve this God with everything I have. He set me free, I will submit to Him as slave. And yet I know, He is my good Master for God is good!

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had Walked Away

That Sea Raging in Me

November? No, Remember! Part 4