The Rebuilding Potter of My Life

Two weeks ago, Gabriel begged me to take a break. As usual, FES staff will always ask you to reflect. I was asked to look back to my past 4 years of university life and give a name to the journey. And of course, this one cannot miss: the name of God.
So I took some time to look back, to reflect and to ponder. I named my journey "A Journey of Breaking, Molding, and Rebuilding". As I enter my university life as a freshman, I revolved my worth and my life around the things that I do: my involvement in CF and in campus, my effort to bring Ultimate Frisbee and etc. The journey led me to my first mission trip which sparked my passion for evangelism and mission. Camp Cameron 2012 brought new meaning to my Christian life. The beginning of my service as FEMS Coordinator in my 2nd Year brought me enormous joy, at the same time God was holding me through a journey of humility. STOMP Timor Leste broke down all my confidence in the things I do and opened my eyes to my incapability in the light of His mighty work. My service as Vice President brought me much sorrow as my heart breaks for CF. Yet it was this time that God taught me submission and obedience. In my sorrow, God lifted me up in my much undeserved success in my academic and my internship. As God walked before me and ushered me into my Final Year, He gave me sufficient space and time to learn how to love, to listen and to walk with people of struggles. 4 years of serving in PBBC expanded my worship in music. SWEEP opened my eyes to social work and transformed my understanding of social work as an integral part of God's work. My pastoral internship with Pastor Matthew opened my eyes to the reality of pastoral work. Returning to Camp Cameron 2015 as a graduate helper marked a brief closure on God's dealing with my character and self-worth.
This 4-year journey had never lacked grace and providence. He was always there to meet all that I need even as He mold and shape me. He was preparing my character for greater challenges as I continue to serve Him in laity. He deserves all the glory and honor and praise. He shall be called "God The Rebuilding Potter of My Life".

God's Character, My Encounter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had Walked Away

That Sea Raging in Me

November? No, Remember! Part 4