Counting Blessings

It's been 3 weeks now and I thank God, the wait is over. I have been hired at Bose Systems Malaysia as Industrial/BPS Engineer this morning and shall commence my service by 5 October 2015. It had been a short journey of learning humility, patience, and more importantly, about my weaknesses. There were much pain, but the blessings were more. So here I am to count it, because my Lord God is gracious.

  1. My parents have been my greatest support in my hard times. My mother who has always been understanding. No one understood how depressing I felt like she does. She offered no comment nor opinion that would only make it harder for me. She never failed to comfort and to provide.
  2. My father, even though at times teased me, had not forsaken me. He continued to provide for me and did not hesitate to give me the best.
  3. Pastor Matthew who did not cease to "suck" me over to Penang with his persistent prayers. Kept asking me for updates like every 2 days. He had been a friend who was always there for listen to my tantrums.
  4. I had time and rest. The waiting gave me the space and time to rest from my desperate need to be on the move. I had time to quiet down and to reflect. I had time to write down my thoughts and prayers. I had time to go back to His Word.
  5. God exalted me above what I deserve. In all three interviews I went to, I failed none of them. As unequipped as I can be, God granted me favor in the eyes of all my potential employers. For that I am grateful. 
  6. I visited campuses. In my free time, I needed some human touch and social connection, so I made trips to UPM and UM. It was refreshing to meet people and to encourage them. I was welcomed warmly and it was wonderful. I visited my own CF too. Journeying with people is what I truly enjoy!
  7. I witnessed history. Sending off FES Malaysia's first missionaries: Chris Herbert and Thurston Atong to Timor Leste for their two-year attachment. 3 years ago, Thurston who went for STOMP Timor Leste with me had a vision to return. 3 years later, the prophecy came to pass. I'm so glad to send them off.
  8. I saw friends. Friends that listened to me, walked with me and encouraged me. Friends who were there to share joy, to share stories and to share their struggles with me too. Friends who offered to provide and to shelter me. Friends who will never hesitate to pay for the food on my table. I had time to catch up all the time I had lost with old friends.
All in all, I give thanks to God, who gave me the space and time to savor and experience Him. He had never failed to teach, to provide, to transform and to walk with me. He is my Light, my Stronghold, my Pillar, my Refuge and my Glory. He brought me to the lows, that He may bring me to heights.
~~~
Father, I give You thanks and give You praise. You are my Provider and Sustainer. You are the Beginning and the End of my faith. You set all things in motion. and You set my feet upon a highway. You walked before me, behind me and with me. You had not abandoned me, nor will You forsake me. I thank You for working miracles in my life.

So here I am, set upon a new phase of my life's journey, and I know, I will not tread this path alone. Therefore, would You make me a light in darkness, that Your glory may shine through my life? Would You make me a blessing in the neighbourhood I will live in? Would You make me a blessing in the workplace that You have placed me in? Here I am, ready to do Your will. Two things I ask: Do not give me too much, lest I be proud and forget You; do not give me too little, lest I steal and tarnish Your Name.

I pray in Jesus' Name. Amen.

God's Character, My Encounter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had Walked Away

That Sea Raging in Me

November? No, Remember! Part 4