Morning Smiles

If I wake up early, one thing I like to do is to join my grandmother for a breakfast. I need not to sit with her, I just need to pass by, and greet her.

You should look at her face. The joy is written in her face whenever she sees me. She is just so proud of me, of all grandchildren, I boldly claim, I made her proud. I'm the one who would publicly hug her, kiss her and she can brag about. Enjoy the joy she has when she starts telling her friends how much I'm a blessing to her.

I often just smile and say:" That's because I'm well fed every night!" She cooks my dinner on weekdays by the way.

This morning as I was reversing my car and get on my way to church. Met her again. I love the smile that immediately grew wide. I wind down the window and greeted her. Her friend walking alongside her, I think she's talking about me.

My grandmother is proud of me almost everything, but just one thing. I AM A CHRISTIAN.

That, might be her greatest shame. I don't know what will go on her friends' mind if she tells them that I'm a Christian and I'm on my way to church. Let me guess "What an unfaithful grandson!" "Who is going to offer after she died?!" "Hahaha! What a shame!"

I don't know, that's just my wild guess, but that's what I get when I told the uncles at the coffee shop that I'm a Christian. "Stupid!" is what I had been labeled once, harsh huh!

My grandmother would get really soft when she talks about me going church. (I don't know why she never said a thing when my aunt and uncle chants loudly EVERY MORNING at 6am to the point I could heard them even before I reach the block.)

I don't care. Really, I don't. Know why? It is because that I'm a Christian I love her ever more. I used to hate to walk alongside my grandmother. What?! A grown ass sticking to grandmother?! NO PLEASE?!

But this love that I have in this faith, compels me so strongly, NOTHING ELSE matters but my love for them. I may not be perfect, but my love for them, is the Perfect Love who died for us. I don't care what her friends may think of me, but one thing they would never have is that someone who would embrace them that everyone else is envious of.

Consider me a shame if you have to, for I'm "rejoicing because [I] had been counted worthy of suffering disgrace for the Name." (Acts 5:41) But the love I have for you, understand this, that I did not come from me but because He first loves me, I love you. And for this love I have for you, I mean everyone of you, I would die loving you, I will rejoice!

~~~~

Every time after updating this blog, I smile and praise God. Look at what God did to me, I'm a fanatic right now.

2 Corinthians 5:13
If we are “out of our mind,” as some say, it is for God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had Walked Away

That Sea Raging in Me

November? No, Remember! Part 4