Better is One Day In Your Court

Better is one day in Your Court,
Than a thousand days in the riches of the wicked.

Better is crawling on Your road,
Than to drive on the highway of the wicked.

They turn "Hallelujah" into curse,
The words of their lips are crushing me.

They turn Your name into ridicule,
The grins of their teeth are haunting me.

They speak against You and me,
Like a spear pierces right through my heart.

Hostile in their land, I fear,
Cold and covered in darkness,
I fortify,
With brutality and profanity,
That I may look like one of them,
That I may walk on their path,
That they may fear me.

But that is not the road I tread,
I wanna fight,
On the back of Your horse,
Buckled the belt of truth,
Wearing the breastplate of righteousness,
Shielded by faith,
Salvation be my helmet,
Wielding the sword of the Spirit, The Word of God,
Prayer be the slash of my sword.

To strike their pride,
Crush their ignorance,
Mute their foolishness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had Walked Away

That Sea Raging in Me

November? No, Remember! Part 4