Offer?

Well, not to mention names but a conversation I had today brought me back to some anger-igniting incident. We talked about offering to God a.k.a tithing.

My parents used to "bomb" me with this matter. Then I was greatly angered, somehow. Because they humiliated not me but LORD, the Almighty. Sad to say, God offered me His every help whenever I needed, but I can't offer Him any tiny pieces of my possession. I did not offer 10% of my allowance as needed.

Come to think of it, I did not have much to offer Him, my money is just exactly enough for me. I cannot find any extra to offer the God. It's just an excuse anyway. Ya, an excuse.

In Mark 12:42-44 "But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a fraction of a penny. Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, "I tell you the truth, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.""

I'm shame on myself, keep giving myself an excuse not to do anything for Him. If the widow gave all she had to God, why can't I just give Him just a little part of my weekly pocket money? It's just RM5 per week!

Offer...ya, no excuse anymore. But give not because you have to give, but because you want to give. Remember Acts 20:35 "......the Lord Jesus himself said: "It is more blessed to give than to receive.""

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Sea Raging in Me

If I Had Walked Away

November? No, Remember! Part 4