Believe and Faith

Before I am a Christian, I used to say:" There's no God! Believe me......Who give a damn about it?!" I did not believe, because I believed "seeing is believing".

When we say "believe", we are really committed to something. It is that you are totally convinced of something due to some EXPERIENCE. I included the word "EXPERIENCE" in the definition because it is through EXPERIENCE, you are convinced of something. Even if I put something so real in front of you and say:"Believe me, it will blow." For so sure you will tell me:"I don't believe that, it is just a piece of metal!" But if that cold, hard metal really explodes, hits your face and blows you off, you will shout out:"Holy cow! I believe now!"

The same thing applies here in Christianity. I can't just tell you:"Believe in Jesus, He will do good for you!", it is like I'm telling you to believe that the seemed-to-be-nothing piece of metal will explode. You need to experience Him, experience every tiny moment with Him. The experience of yours with Him will happen anytime, any unexpected time. Because of this experience, it will do impact on your life. This goes same to the explosion of the metal, you must experience the explosion, and feel the impact that blows on your face, then you will believe.

"Experiencing is Believing"

I used to ask:"If there is a God like you are talking about, show me!"

This is one of the most common question asked by free-thinker, or probably, and non-believing Christian. They, or maybe I should use, we thought we can measure Him, and see His shape or just His shadow. Here's an account that I answered my own question:

God, the Almighty showed me signs for a few times, but I did not see. He told me a few times, but I did not listen.

I used to have a forum when I was a free-thinker, and I started a topic on "Does God really exist?" Poof! Within a few days, there were around 20+ replies. People are firing at each other, including me. I took a stand that I have to really see God doing something or His figure, a solid proof to believe in Him. One of the reply to my message was "God is like air around us, we can't see Him, but we know He exists, because of faith and believe. If we believe that air exists, why can't we believe that God exists?"

Then few months later, my non-Christian cousin, somehow send me an e-mail on "3 Questions About God". There was a student, who excelled in his studies posted 3 questions about God, one of his question was: Does God exists? If so, show me His shape. So a scholar answered him with a slap, he says:"Do you feel pain? Do you believe that pain exists? Show me its shape!" The student answered:"Yes I do but I cannot show you!" "That's my first answer."

I was greatly impacted, and with joy I told Abigail that I've found my answer.


I told myself:"Yes, He exists!" Ever since then, my life turned 180 degree.

This is faith that I'm telling you, commit yourself to Him, put your life on His hand, believe that everything is under His control. Mark 8:35 (NLT) says :"If you try to hang on to your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake and for the sake of the Good News, you will save it."

To those who do not believe, say this prayer:"Father in Heaven, I want to believe in You. Let me have the experience with You, and impact my life O God. So that I will believe, in Jesus' name I pray, Amen!"

Shout to yourself tonight, "Yes, He exists!"

Comments

  1. Glad u discovered His amazing grace and love for you.=)
    Im sure the Lord will continue to reveal more of His marvellous works in and thru ur life.
    GBU~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

That Sea Raging in Me

If I Had Walked Away

November? No, Remember! Part 4