Dilemma

This morning I went to the JPN to renew my identity card. Though it is a little troubling but I have to because I need my MyCard working to start a bank account. I wonder why my MyCard isn't working and the chip cannot be read.

So I went in, took my number and get hold of a form. I started filling in my details. My name, my I.C. number, my phone number and my religion. WHAT!? RELIGION!? What should I fill in?! I doubted for a while.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I first invited Jesus in my heart this year, I thought of this problem. What should I fill in? How should I tell my family about it? Do I have to keep on worshiping idols that my family is worshiping? All these questions struck my head and I even thought of dropping Christ and continue to sin.

I could still remember I asked my father whether I can attend church service on Sundays. He denied strongly and he was angry with me ever since. He thought I'm rebellious, he was afraid that I will not pay him respect after his death. I do not blame him because this is a typical Chinese's concept, even I believed that. Our understanding crashes and problems appear.

I argued with him on Good Friday. I cried because I could make a stand. I cried because I found myself split between my Heavenly Father and Earthly Father. But I knew I would rather please God than to please humans.

I always find myself in the split of road. Just like my grandaunt's funeral, I couldn't do anything. I knew I shouldn't be worshiping idols, but yet I have to pay respect to my beloved aunt. What should I do? Help me LORD!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I held my pen, doubting. Something was holding me back. I am a Christian, though I am not baptized yet, but the Law says my particulars should follow my parents' religion!

My sweat was hanging on my chin, but the blank remained blank. I couldn't make a choice. But I knew I must put something on it. I chose Christian.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the end, the blank had a correction, "Christian" was cut off, "Buddha" was written beside. Though, the blank was signifying nothing. It wasn't written with Christian, but deep in my heart, I know I've made a choice, a solemn choice. I AM A CHRISTIAN and JESUS LOVES ME!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Sea Raging in Me

If I Had Walked Away

November? No, Remember! Part 4