Lest I Lose Sight of You

I like the way I designed my blog header, where the words and the crucifixion fits perfectly for each other...

I was only less than 3 months old when I put that banner together on my newly learn Illustrator skill. But idea came to me so abundantly at the time, I kept working on it for two weeks. LOL

But the banner somehow means differently to me right now. When I was making the banner, the crucifixion meant so so much to me. The sense of awe in me just couldn't stopping praising Him with the same lips I used to curse Him.

But as I walk further and further away, this sense of awe slowly grew into stability where I kept struggling to keep my passion and my focus on Him. That blurry image of the crucifixion is like the image I try so hard to get it right in focus.

As I walk, some times I lose sight of Christ, thinking I need to depend on my own, working my way and my own holiness, hoping it would please God or glorify Him. But I just don't get it, that God does not really need me, and that I'm thinking too highly of myself. I lose sight, lose objective, and ultimately lose my purpose as I strife hard on my own to do His work. And so, fragile as I am, fall!

O God, Owl City sang it right in Galaxies.


Telescope, keep an eye on my only Hope, lest I blink and be swept off the narrow road.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had Walked Away

That Sea Raging in Me

November? No, Remember! Part 4