Preach, That They May Hear!

For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good news!” 
Romans 10:13-15 (ESV)

I am crazy. Oh yes, the Joash you know is crazy for mission and evangelism. I'm crazy because right beyond my little world called "myself", there are thousands of souls starving and perishing.

This mission trip is not about the 8 of the participating missionaries. It's not about the Orang Asli we are visiting in Gerik, Perak. It's about God, and it's about us: the followers of Christ, obeying Christ's Great Commission to "make disciples of all nations" (Matt 28:19).

The 8 of us: led by Jotham JJ Jeremy​, Joash Mock Kar Wai​, Lim Yuan Zhang​, Yuan Ming​, Joanna Darma​, Shirleyuen Jacob​, Ong Xuan Zhi​ and Michelle Lee Sze Yee​ are not going for this mission by ourselves. We are sent by CF and we are representing you. And unless the entire CF shares the same vision, we will go in vain.

I'm asking you to be crazy. Yes, I am. Because look around you: you will not see your roommate in Heaven. That's something certain. You love your friends don't you? Because I do, and I'm crazily in love for them. That's why I go. That's why I do what I do. What are you gonna do about it?

Send, that we may preach; preach, that they may hear; hear and they may believe in him; believe, that they may call on His Name; call, that they may be saved.

Come share this vision with us in obedience. I won't force you, I simply cannot. But I'm asking you to look around you, and be crazy.

Join us this Thursday 8:00pm at Foyer Lembaran for a time of prayer and devotion. Then, stay, and help the team to do our final preparation. And we shall be deeply encouraged and loved. Thank you for listening to my yapping.

God's Character, My Encounter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had Walked Away

That Sea Raging in Me

November? No, Remember! Part 4