What's Gonna Happen to CF?

Today was the second activity of USM KKJ Christian Fellowship for Academic Year 2014/15. It is also Theme Talk: a very important night for our CF members to know and understand where we are heading this year. Benjamin, as the newly elected President, was under a lot of pressure.

I thoroughly enjoyed the night. Benjamin did extraordinarily well in bringing the members step-by-step into the heart of the Theme this year: God's Character, My Encounter.

At the end of the event, as Benjamin sits in my car, we realised as President and (ex-)Vice President, along with Jason, we all shared the same doubt: What's gonna happen to CF?

I recalled how clueless we were when Jason and I were the Presidents. It was in our hands to steer CF into the direction in which we will glorify God. Our inabilities to see the future put a lot of pressure on us to make decisions. Jason asked me: What's gonna happen to CF?

Honestly, I didn't know. I was a clueless as Jason was. Even today, as Benjamin asked me the same question, I had no definite answer for him. But, I had only experiences to offer.

Despite being clueless as we were, CF turned out to be better than Jason and I thought we would. CF is going to be alright and well because it was never our work in the first place. I believe we really need to attribute back to God the ownership of CF. He owns CF, He directs us and He works in us and through us. If there's one lesson I learn, it is that God works perfectly despite our weaknesses.

The challenge for a President is exactly the biggest blessing God offers to a President. God will stretch us in ways we never thought we would grow. Being Presidents forces us to recognise our weaknesses and inabilities, that in our desperation, we may realise that we NEED God. The recognition of our weaknesses also humbles us, chiseling off the arrogant perception that we can do all things by ourselves. It forces us to recognise and rely on our friends in order to bring about Worship and Fellowship.

Being Presidents taught us the true intention behind the Lord's Prayer: Give us this day our daily bread (Matthew 6:11), that it is not in our troubles that we seek the Lord, but that we need a constant, daily and unceasing reliance on God Himself to provide, to strengthen and to nourish.

Being Presidents also forces us to be aware of our spiritual sirens: anger, frustration and anxiety. At these spiritual alerts, we should conscious devote a time of prayer, worship and reflection, stopping at where we are to carefully listen to the direction and guidance of the Lord. Perhaps Benjamin got this idea even sooner than Jason and I did: "intimacy with God is sometimes just quietly sitting at the feet of God and attentively listens to Him", a lesson which Jason and I learned the hard way.

So, what's gonna happen to CF? Honestly, I do not know, but I can tell that this year will be better than last year. I had visions for CF last year, of which I can see, is being fulfilled this year. To know that God has a plan for someone other than me to bring about this vision is truly humbling. Therefore, I shall play my role as a Final Year Senior: to empower anyone under my influence to lead and to grow in intimacy with Him.

God's Character, My Encounter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Sea Raging in Me

If I Had Walked Away

November? No, Remember! Part 4