Savoring God with 2 Copper Coins

Last Sunday was perhaps a new milestone for me. By the grace of God, I was given the opportunity to serve as a bassist in the worship team. It was exciting for me, as playing an instrument is never really a thing for me. I believe it was God's timing for me to step out of what was comfortable for me, in order that I may explore the grace of God in my areas of weaknesses.

The worship team was not in form in any way humanly speaking. Our most talented guitarist Jemil was unavailable to serve. It was down to the pianist and the bassist to set the music for the worship session. At the same time, our worship leader was troubled by sore throat and flu. Co-leaders were new and were not ready to take over the lead. Yes, we were a mess.

But I believe it was exactly that mess, that I was reassured of the all-sufficient grace of God. While playing the bass and backup singing at the same time, I truly experience what was a God empowered worship of God. I found myself overflowing with joy despite our incompetence, and I gave all that I could. Can you imagine what it's like when God empowers you to worship Him? We always think worshiping God is something that we voluntarily do, something that WE do for God. Yet, at that moment, I understood what it means to have God helping you to worship Him with all that HE has given us. It was truly remarkable.

And he sat down opposite the treasury and watched the people putting money into the offering box. Many rich people put in large sums. And a poor widow came and put in two small copper coins, which make a penny. And he called his disciples to him and said to them, “Truly, I say to you, this poor widow has put in more than all those who are contributing to the offering box. 
Mark 12:41-43
God may be impressed by rich and abundant sacrifices and worship, but He is looking for an all-out devotion and love for Him. A love which fully depends on His grace and providence. A love which fully trust Him even in our worship.

The worship team may have done poorly in the eyes of men, but I am convinced, we put in all that we had that day. It was the grace of God that truly mattered.

God's Character, My Encounter. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Sea Raging in Me

If I Had Walked Away

November? No, Remember! Part 4