Thunder Sky

The sky thundered with words,
Of sorrow, of pain and of hopelessness.
Lightning strikes through the stretch of my chest,
Numbs the depth of my heart with pain,
I know not what to feel.

I lost for words,
Know not any comfort.
The cloud of regrets covered my eyes,
They clogged up the river of tears,
Not a drop flow out of it.

How could I walk this path any more?
When the strength of my legs are no more,
The energy of my youth is drained,
And the joy of my hope is taken away.
How could I hope any more?

But the Lord is my strength, He told me;
He is my refuge and my hope.
When my sky is torn He stitches it up;
When my window is clouded He clears it off;
He holds the power to give and to take,
I hold but the legs of His mercy.

I know not the plans of His ways,
With all the wisdom of my days.
But the Lord has been good in the abundance of my past,
Shall I curse Him in the trouble of my present?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had Walked Away

That Sea Raging in Me

November? No, Remember! Part 4