Leading The Journey

Picture0043

Cheese!

Here I am in Scouter’s Room of MBSSKL Scout’s Den. The boy scouts are having a PL/PS Selection Camp over here. As a Senior Troop Asst. Scouter, and the best buddy of the Boy Scout Troop Asst. Scouters, I’m here to help out the training!

Hmm, all went well, except that sudden heavy rain ruined my treasure hunt plan!

A little disappointment there, only 9 Form 1 Boy Scouts turned up, which is not at all sufficient as we need 6 Patrol Leaders and 6 Patrol Seconds. But it’s okay, we’ll run it!

I’m supposed only to observe and leave the planning all to the present PLs and PSs, but as a strong choleric guy, I can’t help but take charge immediately. By the way, observing the boys having fun is fun itself!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How far did I go, being a choleric, charged all my ways, in all directions?

Looking at these young (however, less energetic) guys, I saw my young self. My first PL/PS Selection Camp. I tried, so hard, to be recognised by people. I stood out, I completed tasks, I achieved many things that the rest might not be able to achieve.

Yea, I did go far, perhaps too far! Far beyond what I myself can hold. Despite being recognised as a leader anyone would follow, I was never meant an official leader, not even until now (Oh ya, there’s one, being L6K Class Monitor).

Year 2005 – Secretary of Boy Scout Troop
Year 2007 – Asst. Troop Leader of Senior Troop
Year 2009 – Asst. Rover Mate of Rover Crew, Asst. Scouter of Senior Troop

Haha, notice the Asst., funny right? Alvin Kuan, the Troop Leader of Boy Scout Troop 2006 and Troop Leader of Senior Troop 2008, thought I was the Troop Leader until last year when I was sharing my experience. During the Chapel Retreat this year, he said: “ Actually, I think you should be the Troop Leader.”

Well, I guess all of these doesn’t matter to me right now. I don’t want them. I finally realise that there is no such point to pursue these position which will crush me to the ground and suffocates me.

“Great power comes great responsibility”

I finally found the path that I originally should walk. It’s no more about recognition by man, but by God who recognises my righteousness in Christ and in His work.

Romans 9:30-35

[What then shall we say? That the Gentiles, who did not pursue righteousness, have obtained it, a righteousness that is by faith; but Israel, who pursued a law of righteousness, has not attained it. Why not? Because they pursued it not by faith but as if it were by works. They stumbled over the "stumbling stone." As it is written:
   "See, I lay in Zion a stone that causes men to stumble
      and a rock that makes them fall,
   and the one who trusts in him will never be put to shame."]

James 2:17

[In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.]

James 2:26

[As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.]

I have faith, but now I only need to work it out!

I know why I’m not an official leader, because Christ is leading me in my journey. And I’m happy to be His follower!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had Walked Away

That Sea Raging in Me

November? No, Remember! Part 4