Hello Daddy…

 

parent-child-flickr2

“爸,来载我,五分钟!” (Dad, pick me up, 5 minutes)

This is what I heard from the young lady standing beside me in the LRT. She hanged up immediately after such sentence is uttered.

Where’s “Please” and “Thank you”? Hmm, I guess people right now forget about these. Yea, in the era where everything is about effectiveness and efficiency, people talk less right now.

But is “Please” and “Thank you” take you a long time?

We all lack communication, those intimate communications between family member. Our father especially. We don’t feel grateful for the things that we receive and we see it as if we deserve it because they are supposed to provide us.

But this is not the way it should be. Yes, it is their given task to raise us up (2 Cor. 12:14 After all, children should not have to save up for their parents, but parents for their children.), but it is also our part to be thankful (Eph. 5:20 always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is exactly what’s happening to the weary us. We talk less and less to our God our Father in Heaven. We starts to pray less, and we take things for granted. We only call Him up when we need Him to “pick us up”. And then we walk off without saying a thank you nor a please.

In one sentence, we lack prayer.

Yes, yell at me if you want to, but this is what is happening to Christians, at least, me.

Facebook, Twitter, TV, work, study, keep us away from Him, taking off our time to have some intimate conversation with Him.

Abigail once told me that God speaks to us, both vocally and by action. I didn’t believe in the vocal one because I just can’t hear them. She said God whispers to us, I sat on my bed silently for 30 minutes, I didn’t hear a thing. But as I grow in Christ, especially after my dark period, I would know someone is speaking to me. I don’t literally hear them, but I do know something or someone is trying to stop me whenever I’m near danger or temptation is near.

God speaks to us constantly, provided if you would stop and listen to Him.

(Joshua 22:5 But be very careful to keep the commandment and the law that Moses the servant of the LORD gave you: to love the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, to obey his commands, to hold fast to him and to serve him with all your heart and all your soul.)

Now, is it time for you to talk to God? Turn off your computer for 10 minutes, He only wants your 10 minutes. Talk to Him. Remember to say thank you.

It’s not all about you, it’s about Him and His love. So give thanks more, ask too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had Walked Away

That Sea Raging in Me

November? No, Remember! Part 4