Food!

Alright, food is always my passion. Haha, even though I don’t really mind what I’m eating, but I like the satisfactory I get when I’m full, and also the sleepy, dizzy mode you have after you eat. (I’ll run towards it whenever there’s free food!)

We all need food. Bread, rice, malt, barley or whatever form or taste or state it exists. It provides us energy to continue our daily life and to keep our body running. That’s physical food.

We exists also in spirit, therefore we need spiritual food.

Deuteronomy 8:3

He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your fathers had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD.

And where do we find these spiritual food? Of course, the Word of God, the Holy Bible.

But how come when we always crave for KFC, McDonalds, Secret Recipe and all, some of us (including me) feels reluctant to take spiritual food regularly? Because it’s like vegetable to some of us, it’s good but it taste bad? So you look for something better, like drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, poker cards and all to fill up your spiritual needs? Even filling up your time with studying, working, sleeping so you won’t feel hungry in spirit? Exactly, but it does not stop your hunger! You crave for more, more and more, and in the end you become greedy, because you do not ask Him.

John 4:13-14
Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."

I’m not taking spiritual food regularly, I admit. I’ve been occupying my time with Facebook, friends and school. But yet when I feel hungry, I crave for things like, girlfriend. And now I realise, I need spiritual food the most. I desire because I’m hungry!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We are all meant to worship Him. From the very beginning, our purpose in life is suppose to worship Him and have a relationship with Him. We are all blessed with different abilities, some can sing well, some can dance, some can play guitar, some have wisdom, some have intelligence, some have strength, some have agility. These abilities we given so we humans can worship Him together. But we misused our ability given by God to worship money, power and desire. Is that right?!

Our life is not meant to study, work and pleasure. Remember what Pastor Yew said in Chapel today:" The greatest tragedy in life, is to be successful in the wrong thing." The greatest success is to put God first, worship Him and have a relationship with Him.

So what when you have the whole world but I’m laughing at you in Heaven while you’ll end up in Hell? You can’t buy eternal life with money.

Matthew 19:23

Then Jesus said to his disciples, "I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Therefore, even as you’re worried about your exam results, worry about what’s coming upon you after death. All your exam results will not matter after this life.

Matthew 6:33

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Seek first His kingdom, and the rest will fall in places. I can prove that to ya!

Psalm 53:1
The fool says in his heart, "There is no God."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had Walked Away

That Sea Raging in Me

November? No, Remember! Part 4