Forgiveness

In teachings of Jesus stressed on repentance and forgiveness. Why forgiveness? Because forgiveness does make the world more peaceful and better.

Mark 11:25 "And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."


I have a filthy mouth. Obviously everyone who knows me better knows this. I often joke without thinking how that joke might inflict damage to any other people. And I've joked about the wrong person again.

Joyce is one of my colleague working with me in Papa John's. Pretty, mature-looking girl. She looks like a Chinese to anyone else but she is a Sarawak ethnic. I won't let any pretty girls go obviously, and my flirting habit started to work and react vigorously until everyone else thought that I'm after her. But I clearly know I just like to flirt her.

So everybody came and asked me this question:"Eh Mock! You like Joyce ah?!" To everyone, I'll answer (in a joking manner):" She likes me, not I like her! You know, I'm just too handsome to every girl. I can understand how they feel for me, but I just can't do anything...Haih, just thank God for my good looking!" Lol, this actually worked and everybody will walk off and stop bothering me.

Somehow this joke spread like wild fire and it got to Joyce in a wrong manner until she misunderstood my joke. (But well I admit that it was all my fault started the fire, my bad!). She started ignoring me and running away from me. I felt strange. Curiosity kills a cat, I couldn't stand anymore (we were getting along well before) so I went in front of her until she couldn't run to anywhere. I told her (in a joking manner):"I know you like me, don't have to do this you know, I'm just too handsome!" She pratically shouting at me:" Shut up! Don't spread rumours that are untrue!" I shocked and answered:"So that's why you are mad at me!"

All day during work, I felt uneasy and could not concentrate. This reminded me of Panda rebuking me of my mouth. This reminded me of Panda, sadness overwhelmed me once again. Again I went in front of Joyce and said (seriously) :" For whatever it is, whatever I've done, I'm sorry okay? I'm sorry!" Well, that helped a little, at least scraped off the skin of the stone loaded on my heart.

It was first day of CNY, but I didn't feel any smile nor happiness. So to make my night better, I sent her a message to ask for her forgiveness.

Ephesians 4:26 "...Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry..."

At last, for long I waited. She replied me with an apologize instead. I was like "Blurred!" She felt sorry for being childish and hurt me by treating me that way. Well, I was the childish one in fact. We forgave each other and went into a good chat till late night. That night, I slept sweeter than any other night.

See how miraculously forgiveness works? It bring both unconnected heart together and closer. Why wars are going around in the world? Gaza's case for example, it is because people would not forgive each other.

Ephesians 4:26-27 "In your anger do not sin": Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold."

Obviously there is a reason Paul says this, for anger and unforgiveness is a foothold for Satan. And it bring only death!

2 Corinthians 2:7-11 "Now instead, you ought to forgive and comfort him, so that he will not be overwhelmed by excessive sorrow. I urge you, therefore, to reaffirm your love for him. The reason I wrote you was to see if you would stand the test and be obedient in everything. If you forgive anyone, I also forgive him. And what I have forgiven—if there was anything to forgive—I have forgiven in the sight of Christ for your sake, in order that Satan might not outwit us. For we are not unaware of his schemes."

So, look at my case, start today,

Colossians 3:13 "Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you."

Who the heck told Joyce about that anyway?! Okay okay, I just said forgiveness, forgive him/her!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had Walked Away

That Sea Raging in Me

November? No, Remember! Part 4