His Ministry His Way

Well, there is a reason why I chose to work in Batu Kawan area. More than a year ago, Pastor Matthew, Kai Seng and myself shared a vision to start a ministry in Batu Kawan. One door after another was opened for us, and many other doors closed.

It is a vision that we can begin a Bible Study Cell Group which, with hopes and prayers, will eventually grow into a church in Batu Kawan & Simpang Ampat area. But the question that lingers: how can we do it? It began with our church Deacon, Mr. Ng offering me to stay at his new house in Taman Tasik Mutiara

For the past month I had been extremely worked up and worried. "Where do I find the money to furnish the house? What should we do? What do I need? How do I clean such a big house by myself?"

Honestly, I did not expect myself to learn so much about ministry.

Ministries belong to God
I believe all ministries should begin with this realization: that ministry is inspired by God, initiated by God, moved by God and ended by God. Ministry belongs to God because He should be and must be ultimately worshiped and glorified through the outcome of all ministries. The problem rises when we see ministry as work that belongs to us, which eventually leads us to worries, anger and disappointment.

I'm not saying ministries are not filled with anxiety and disappointment. At some point of the labor we find ourselves in that season, but if we see that ministries belong to God, we can always find strength that is greater than our own, patience that beyond our own and a peace that surpasses all understanding.

Knowing that ministries belong to God helps us to remember that God will provide for His own work, and He makes His plans work.

Get out of God's way
If ministries are God's, then ministries must be done God's way. Don't stand in God's way. It is a mistake to go to God with all sorts of plans and asking Him to make it work. Go to God and say "Let's do it Your way."

The first two years of my service in USM KKJ CF had no lack of prayers that goes "God, would You make this plan work?" Well, there are times that He did make some of them work, but I lost count of the times that He didn't. In the final year of my service, I often make prayers that goes "God, these are our plans, but this is Your event, then let it be done the way You ought it to be." I gave up trying to tell God what to do, after so many times of seeing God doing it better than I can do.

What then, is our role? God often calls us to service, not to work, but to merely stand and witness His might, power and glory. So sit back, relax and just enjoy the show.

God is the sole stakeholder of His ministries
That means, God pays and supplies His own work. Most of the time He pays us, some of the time He invites us to join venture with Him. Quoting the late Hudson Taylor, "God's work done in God's way will never lack God's supply."

For the past weeks, I had been asking Pastor Matthew, "How do we get the things we need for the house?" As cliche as it may sound, he replied "Pray!" And so I kept in my prayers asking "God, this is Your house, then You furnish it Yourself. We need a dining table, chairs, couch, kitchen utensils, book shelves filled with Holy Bibles and books and so much more. Fill it up!"

God supplies for His ministries. Today, God provided for His house two book shelves, two shoe racks, one study desk, 20 over Holy Bibles in different languages, Study Bibles, books and DVD, a lot of kitchen utensils and even a rice cooker. Today, the Lord provided for His own work.

Even as I was packing these items, I took this picture and sent to Pastor Matthew:
I said: When God blesses you so abundantly, you don't know what to do with it.

At the moment, I can't help but praise and thank Him.
~~~
All in all, to God be all the glory. I have no idea how things will go from here. All things may fail and I may toil in vain. But as I said, ministries belong to God, therefore it should be ended by Him. In either way, my heart rejoices, because I have seen the Lord at work, and He never disappoint an eager spectator of His grace and power.

Even if this ministry fails, I know, that my God will never fail me. In Him, there is victory!

God's Character, My Encounter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Sea Raging in Me

If I Had Walked Away

November? No, Remember! Part 4