Yahweh Jireh

It's my 4th week working by now. God had been with me every step of the way and I know He will continue to provide. I am thankful. It was a month of humbling experience: learning to control my impulsive spending habit as well as to manage my finances. Nonetheless, I made it through the month only because there were family and friends who supported me relentlessly.
  1. My dad continued to be my provision and supply for my first month of working. I tried not to ask too much, and indeed what I asked for is sufficient. 
  2. My mom who had been my constant counsel for life wisdom, especially on my finances. She was constantly worried about how I spend my money and how I make financial commitments.
  3. My landlord and friend, Dr. Chan, who willingly sheltered me. I am abundantly blessed with comfortable air-conditioned room, private toilet, awesome kitchen and never-empty fridge. His wife, Trish, who constantly asked me to eat fruits and even made soup that nourished me. I think if not for her, my weekdays would be on diet of eggs, hams, bread and cheese. Seriously, I think I got fatter even though I tried to control my eating.
  4. My pastor, mentor, and brother, Pastor Matthew, who hosts me every weekend and cooked awesome food for me. He was my listener, my counsel and my best friend. With all that he has, he blessed me generously.
  5. My colleagues, who walked with me through 4 confusing-and-directionless weeks at work. They had been my source of joy at work, wonderful guidance and friends.
  6. My friends at Christian Fellowship, even though I should have left the campus for good.
In all my writings, I have the tendency to leave the best things last. I think because good things worth savoring. Therefore, I put God at the end of this post, not because He is not the first in my life, but because His sweetness is worth savoring to the end. For this financially difficult 4 weeks, I give Him the Name: Yahweh Jireh (God the Provider), because He supplied when there was lacking.
  1. He provided this job for me. Wonderful job indeed.
  2. He provided aids at the right time.
  3. He provided me with sufficiency, no more, no less.
  4. He provided me with shelter more than I deserve.
  5. He provided me with favor in the eyes of my colleagues and superiors.
  6. He provided me comfort in times of restlessness.
  7. He provided me peace in times of fear.
  8. He provided me strength when I am weak.
  9. He provided me grace in time of temptation.
  10. He provided me serenity in my anger.
  11. He provided me humility when I am proud.
The list will go on, but I must not overstate this 4 weeks as if this was a period of ease. The 4-week was of a bit of suffering and humility. I was forced to face my pride and to put it down, and I believe I will have to continue doing it. But there was unending joy, because the Lord walked with me, even when I am unworthy of His presence. I thank Him, because in my suffering, I saw His glory, and in Him, I have hope!

God's Character, My Encounter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Sea Raging in Me

If I Had Walked Away

November? No, Remember! Part 4