Cleaning Inside

I couldn't stand it anymore. One step into the carpeted sanctuary of Li Xin Baptist Church will strike me into an infernal of dust allergy. Cleaning up was needed. So, right after the Theology class, I took out the church's vacuum cleaner.

But it wasn't working well. It was making a lot noise but nothing was picked up. Putting my engineering to work, I opened up the dust trap, lo and behold, a whole lot of clutter. Holding my breath and ever-flowing snort, I took the filter out and shook the dust that was clogging the vacuum cleaner. The trap was emptied and voila, it worked perfectly again.
I guess it is the same with us as Christians. We are called and set apart to be priest, standing in the gap between the living and the dead, between God and sinful men. We are called to bring cleansing in the blood of Christ to fallen and helpless people. The cleansing work begins, not with the unbelievers, but the very followers of Christ first.

God is interested in cleansing us from the inside out. He is interested in exposing our darkness, hurts and addiction, that we may be sanctified, transformed and purified, so that we may be ready and fully functional for the work of God. Unless God cleans us from the inside, we cannot begin cleaning others. Just as the vacuum cleaner cannot clean the dust-filled sanctuary without first emptying its bag, so are the people of God.

What are some areas of our lives today that require some attention and cleaning from God? Are we willing to let God clean us, so that we may be ready for His work? He did not call us to His service while we are perfect; instead, God calls us while we are in our worse, so that He may clean us for His purpose.

God's Character, My Encounter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Sea Raging in Me

If I Had Walked Away

November? No, Remember! Part 4