Drenched

It gets heavier
Each drop dances on the warm tar road
Out of my bag I drew my poncho
Over myself I put it on
But I wouldn’t move
Fascinated as I watch them dance
They are only about to start
The crowd around me withdrew
The chants of the warring wind intimidates
Allow myself to be stubborn once
Because my nation is stubborn
As the heavens weep, my heart aches
I sat and refused to move
Not until my nation knows that we have all sinned
Not until my chiefs know their guilt
On the chanting road I cried in pain
My nation is in darkness no one can save
Oh my people, if only you know
Know that we have all did right
Only in our own eyes
Know that we have please
Only the ways of men
Oh my people, if only you would turn away
From what’s right in our own eyes
From what’s pleasing to ourselves
If only we would do justice,
Not only to ourselves
But to the forgotten and abandoned
The oppressed and the violated
To my Creator I cried
Before His throne I am drenched
Pleading Him to accept my repentance
As if He has received from my people
He would look to us with mercy
Behold, He gathered them all
The angered, the assaulted and the exploited
But none will matter
Unless His people would humble themselves
Repent and pray to Him
He will rescue us all
Not with guns and bombs
But with the mighty work of the Cross
It gets heavier
The poncho is drenched

But behold, a silver lining shining on the yellow sea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Sea Raging in Me

If I Had Walked Away

November? No, Remember! Part 4