Focus

Coming back to my hostel room, I saw the usual janitor auntie eating at the stone table with an umbrella. The sun finally came out today and it was high at noon. Despite the hot weather, auntie seems to continue to enjoy her rest and food.

I asked if she feels hot. She replied with her usual giggles in Malay:" I have an umbrella, you see?"

We would call her stupid for doing such a thing. Clearly she has a choice to wipe off the water droplets on the shady side of the table and sit there. But as I was washing my coffee tumbler, I realised:" Whao! That's what people call, FOCUS!!"

She just wanted to focus on her food and hard-earned rest, she didn't care if the sun is too hot it would burn her skin. She's happy with the little umbrella that she has.

Turn your eyes upon Jesus. Focus on Him. And all the pain, and the things of the earth, will grow strangely dim.

Colossians 3:1-4 "If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory."

So, where is your focus?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Sea Raging in Me

If I Had Walked Away

November? No, Remember! Part 4