Father I pray and I ask,

When so many people are doing what they think is right, that I may do what you think is right.

When so many people are being hurt, that I may reach down to the depth of their souls.

When so many people are being violent and offensive, that I may venture to comfort their hearts.

When so many people are judging the way of another, that I may be compassionate to both victim and offender.

When so many people are laughing at the truth, that I may stay focus on what’s true.

When so many people are suffering, that I may share their pain and carry them through.

When so many people are paying evil with evil, that I may turn the other cheek.

When so many people are celebrating the death of a brute, that I may celebrate the death of my King.

When so many people are heading their certain death, that I may stand in their place to die for them.

When so many “I” appear in my writing, that You may stand out and be glorify, that I may stand in AWE.

For You must increase and I decrease.

In Christ Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had Walked Away

That Sea Raging in Me

November? No, Remember! Part 4