GOOD Friday

Me: “*reaching out to my bag’s side pocket* Where’s my sunglasses?”

Panicked.

“I think I left it in the cinema!”

My mood turned 180 degree. Speechless. I just bought my new spectacles not long ago, now I lost it?

She was following behind, perhaps I was walking a little too fast.

“Let’s go check it out at CyberCafe, perhaps I left it there before going into the cinema.”

Praying: “God, please help me find my specs back please.” Disappointment in return.

Detour to cinema. “May I see your manager please? I left my specs in your cinema I think.” “Please talk to the steward whether he can help you out.” “I’m sorry, the movie has already started, let me check with the janitor.” “No, we found nothing that resembles a spectacle box.” “Please let me in, I’ll check for myself please.” “Okay!” I came back out empty-handed.

Praying: “O God, please!”

Calling Ben: “Ben, where are you?” “First floor.” “Eh, I lost  my specs in a box.” “You need help?” “Can help me check Macdonald’s out?” “Okay!” “I go check toilets.” She was still following, trying to calm me down though.

Blood boiling, but I try to be patience, who knows, God is training my patience, I prayed for it anyway. Patience. “God, if it is You who wants to test my patience, help me to be.”

Both toilets that I went, I return with disappointment. She catches the time to relief herself. I was getting a little desperate. I think I need to be specific in my prayer. “God, please help me to find my specs by myself and hand it to me on my right hand. It’s a clip-on sunglasses in a PINK box.” “Eh, auntie, ada jumpa tak satu kotak cermin mata?” “Takda lah boy.” Phone rings “Don’t have!” “Nevermind-lah, thanks.”

“Let’s go down along the way we picked Sarah up, maybe I dropped it along the way.” “Hmm!” Moving down, reached 5th floor. "Whisper in my heart: “I think you better check Macdonald’s again, I bet Ben won’t ask the manager about it.” I decided to obey it. “Let’s check out Macdonald, in case Ben miss anything.”

My last hope. “Hello, may I talk to the manager?” The manager waving at me telling me to be patient. “Ya?” “Ada jumpa tak satu kotak cermin mata warna merah jambu?” “Tunggu kejap ye?”

She walks into the room and walks out with something I’m familiar with. A PURPLE box with my sunglasses in it! Smile found its way back to my face, overwhelming joy jumps in my heart! I received the box, with my right hand. “Thank you thank you!” “PURPLE lah, PINK!!!!” she teased me. “I also confused.” “Thank you so much!”

God is great, so great that He answered my prayer exactly like what I prayed for. The key was, I needed help, and I chose to obey that soft whispering of the Holy Spirit. How much faith I took in God, than to trust my best friend. Wasn’t because my best friend is not trustworthy enough, it’s just that God is somehow greater!

If Ben found it right there and then, my prayer would not be answered as how I prayed. What I desired will be done but it does not glorify Him. So (I think), He took the trouble to take me around Times Square and led me to Macdonald. Yes, my prayer was answered like how I prayed. And I couldn’t stop praising Him, because He deserves it!

This incident did strengthen my faith a lot. And all my prayers and tears are answered in one shot again. If it wasn’t because of the time looking for my item, she and I wouldn’t know how much we pain went through. I was crying over it days ago, and now I’m comforted.

Thank God, thank Ben, Sarah and VK….Thank her for being by my side all the while. Sorry Chun Kit for wasting your time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had Walked Away

That Sea Raging in Me

November? No, Remember! Part 4