Neophobia

Neophobia is the fear of new things or experiences. It is also called cainotophobia.
Wikipedia

I guess everyone of us is born with that phobia. The fear to change, the fear to be transformed. This is especially seen in non-believers, at least, in my family (probably more to Christianophobia or Islamophobia).

They just refuse to be changed and they deny everything they WILL hear even before it is said unto them. I tried many times, to sit down and preach to my father, never was one time, it ended with peace and smiles, I cried almost everytime.

Today's sermon was about transformation that Jesus did in our life. How it changed us, even a slight change is change. The change in me is obvious, though not entirely to the best.

This phobia has been instilled by Satan in our heart, in order to fail what Christ tries to do in everyone on Earth, which is to save us and give us the Key of Life.

Let us overcome this fear, together with Christ's name, and let Jesus by the cross saves everyone of us, for "your Father in Heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should be lost" [Matthew 18:14]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Earth Hour was yesterday, were you one of us? I was so excited about it I literally turned off my phone for one hour! The only thing I could have done during that hour as I'm working. Papa John's turned the signage off and the kitchen's light was off too though only for 3 minutes. Starbucks went pitched black for one hour!

Yet I noticed, not much of us in Times Square or near it was joining it. Neophobia is working again.

Yes, Earth Hour might not help much, but should it be restricted just to that hour itself? Didn't it trigger you to think that, we as human living on Earth should change the way we live? God blessed us abundantly by providing us all we need, the Earth itself is so rich, that we take it for granted!

"No, I'll lose in my business! Do you know how much can we earn in that particular hour?""Cannot-lah, I need to work at home with the computer! Project must be handed up tomorrow!""For what! One hour, how much can you save?!"

OR ARE YOU JUST AFRAID TO CHANGE THE WAY NOW?! If everyone changes, everyone turns off the unnecessary lightings and appliances, uses less petrol, day after day, the world will change! But I'm only one person!

[If you're telling me that the world is going to end anyway, I say to you, God blessed us with everything, can't we offer back what He blessed us by taking good care of His properties?!]

God said, be fruitful and multiply [Genesis 1:28 NKJV], but I don't recall him saying be abusive and exploits!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I admit I have this phobia too. My lifestyle will soon change again, Form6 study life which caused me 4 sleepless nights. Qing Ming is next week, a hard decision for me, pray for me that I will not tremble yet able to honor my parents.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had Walked Away

That Sea Raging in Me

November? No, Remember! Part 4