Fascination at Revelation

If there is one thing I do not want to lose as I grow older, is the fascination at learning new things. That excitement to learn something new is thrilling. It drives me to explore, to try, to learn and to have fun.

I don't want to lose that good feeling I get when I "wow" at something that I never knew. I don't want to stop fascinating at things I've never seen before; knowledge that blows my mind and views that takes my breath away. I don't want to grow old and to find learning new things boring.

I think our generation lacks the passion to pursue knowledge. Our education systems have made studying boring and learning dull. So many of my friends got lost in this wild goose chase of good grade when their purpose in university should be the pursuit of knowledge. Many of my friends stop fascinating at the new things they learn. They stop finding the "wow" and "aha" moments in finding out something they never knew.

My father did many parenting and lecturing to me, and that one thing that I would always remember: Whatever you learn, it's yours to keep, so never stop learning. A few years after he told me those words, I quoted that exact same words to my dad and he convinced my mom to let me take the motorbike license.

If there's on thing I do not want to lose, I do not want to lose that moment when my dad taught me how to ride a bicycle; I do not want to lose that moment when I understood how an engine works; I do not want to lose that moment when YouTube taught me how easily it is to pick a lock; I do not want to lose that moment when I found out that butterfly wings have colors not because they have pigments but intricate nano-structure that manipulates light; I do not want to lose that moment when I learn that there are 100 ways to do one thing; I do not want to lose that moment when someone showed me an easier way to show an difficult problem.
Because when the fascination stops, the learning stops too.

Love • Christ • Unity

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had Walked Away

That Sea Raging in Me

November? No, Remember! Part 4