The Ship That Really Mattered

"How have you been?" you may ask. Or maybe not. I don't care. I'm gonna tell you my stories anyway, because I am generous and nice like that. You will have to read it until the end now. Stop! Whatever you are trying to do to get to close this tab, stop! Teehee.

Stop! Probably this is a word for me too. To stop and recount all thing that happened. So much had happened in the past months, my mind can hardly wrap around the changes that occurred. 

1. Work
8 months into working now and I have certainly grown. Well, not side-way, but myself as a working adult. I had quite established myself as a trustworthy member of the teams. This is a trust that enables me to work and participate better. My voice is finally heard and my opinion counted as valuable. 

I have achieve something for the team and myself too. We successfully completed a project that brought significant value to the company. Now I am in progress of search for our next potential win.
However, it somehow feels like all efforts have gone down in vain when the Management decided to sell the company's manufacturing facility to Flex, a manufacturing giant. It was a hurtful message for us and had certainly betrayed all that the company stood for. It's been two weeks since I'm no longer a Bose employee but a Flex employee. I took my time to come to terms with my emotions and have determined that the change does not impact me much. It's just sad because things will never be the same anymore.

I guess it is rather foolish to assume the permanence of things. All things change and everything fades. But the faithfulness of God endures forever. In that, I take comfort. My God remains the same God that provided. He will continue to provide.

2. Church
Serving in a church has nothing in common with serving CF. In CF, we are from similar age group, going through similar struggle, therefore, it is easier for us to related with one another. But it is not so in a church. The church is a place for broken people from all walks of lives: old and young, rich and poor, educated and illiterate. It can be difficult to communicate without conflict of different interest. It is even more difficult to be compassionate because it is difficult to understand what each of us goes through in life.

But it is about building relationship. It's about learning to love one another even when it is hard. It's about listening to one another attentively. It's about embracing each other's strengths and weaknesses. It's really about learning to love like Jesus did. It's really about Him.

Serving in church has helped me to be more accepting of others and even more to humble myself: to put others before myself, to see others greater and more important than myself. Serving also helped me to understand that it is more important to be faithful than to do great things.

3. Relationships and Friendship
Being out here, away from home has driven me to rely on friends. I have certainly made a lot of new friends and acquaintances. They have been a great part in my life and spicing up my weekends.

I have also learn that relationship is the real driving force behind effectiveness and productivity at work. Developing personal relationship with coworkers really helps to bring up the team's morale and cooperation. That being said, the goal of developing relationships with coworker is not so that work may be done, but because we truly enjoy friendships. This is one lesson that took me half a year to learn.

I am learning to be kind and generous at work. Something that I neglected doing because I'm not exactly a very kind and generous person. Something that would really show people who Christ really is.
~~~
Well, a long post can put anyone to sleep so I guess this should bring a closure to the month of June. It has really been a great and joyful ride laced with sorrow. But none of those roller-coaster ride could take away the truth: that God remains faithful. 

I will rejoice.
"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice" Philippians 4:4
God's Character, My Encounter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had Walked Away

That Sea Raging in Me

November? No, Remember! Part 4