Prayer: Obedience and Faithfulness

Father in Heaven,

I come before You today, I wanna thank You for Your gracious providence that is always abundant. All that I have needed, You have provided, far more than what I deserve, far more than what I need. So Lord, help me to obey You every step of the way. Help me to know that You have plans to prosper me, not to harm me, even though obedience may seem too simple or too absurd to be true. Father, help me to rely, not on my own understanding but Yours. Help me to remember that Your ways is always better than my ways.

I thank You, O Lord, for holding me through nearly 2 weeks of fasting and prayer. I want to remind myself that this fasting is not about abstaining from food and pleasure; it is not about proving that I can suffer for Your sake; it is not about trying hard to draw near to You. Instead, this is about dedicating a portion of my time of pleasure to earnestly seek You and listen from You. These times are crucial: I want to carefully and attentively listen to Your instructions in regards of the beginning of the Batu Kawan ministry. I want to continually wait for You to move and to provide. So far, You have not failed to amaze me.

In this time of fasting, Father I want to seek forgiveness for my temper. I do feel restless and grumpy in my hunger. I have a Spirit of Anger and Bitterness that I had been keeping it at bay by comforting myself with food. So Lord, I ask of You to walk with me, and teach me to remove these flaws from within me, that I may be more and more like Jesus. In this time of fasting too, that I begin to find myself seeking other distractions other than going to You in prayer. Therefore, O Lord, I want to write down my prayers instead of just praying aimlessly. So help me Lord.

Parent's Salvation
Father, I thank You for my parents. They have been perfect parents to me despite their own weaknesses and flaws. They do their best to provide, to care and to love me. Father, I ask of You to bless my parents. May they enjoy long and prosperous life. Care for them as You have cared for me. Reward them by helping me to be a son that honors them and love them. Exalt them for being wonderful examples of Your sacrificial love.

On their behalf, I would like to come to You in petition, that You would rescue them. I pray Lord that You would lead them back to You, that they may find salvation in Jesus' Name. Take me, O Lord, to be Your messenger of the Gospel of Jesus, that they may see my life and be transformed. Help them to turn to You and find eternal life in You and You alone.

Sister's Salvation and Future
Father, I would like to pray for my dearest sister. Even as she begins her internship, would You grant her favor in the eyes of her employers and colleague? Bless her in the works of her hand, that it may be excellent. Bless her company that they may prosper, which in turns prosper her. In her distress and difficulties, remind her that You are there ready to listen to her silent prayers, and help her to turn to You in her weakness. Help her to see that You are the one would holds her future, as gloomy as it may seem, You have plans to prosper her, not to harm her. Lead her back to You that she may find eternal life in Jesus Christ.

Grandma's Recovery and Family's Blessing
Father, I thank You for keeping my grandma. I thank You for healing her stroke even when it can be worse. Would You continue to walk with her as she recovers? May she finds You in her weakness. Help her to see and understand that we love her and we gently cares for her.

O Lord, would You continue to bless my family, especially my aunts and uncles who are doing their best to care for her? Would You grant them extraordinary patience, love and wisdom in caring for her? May they continue to find strength in love. May they find eternal life in Jesus as well.

Pastor Matthew and His Ministry
Father, I ask of You to continue to bless Pastor Matthew and his ministry. Help him to continue to be faithful and obedient in the place when You have established him. Would You continue to provide for his every need and bless his family, so that he may continually focus and enjoy the work that You have given him. Would You bless the works of his hands, that his disciples and Li Xin Baptist Church may continue to grow for Your glory.

Li Xin Baptist Church
Father, I thank You for the church that You have placed me in. This is the church that You have placed me, then may I remain here faithfully. Father, would You bless this church, that she may grow to be a church after Your heart. Help us to grow to see the vision that You have for this church, help us to have heart to evangelize, to preach the Gospel and to serve the community around us. Help us to wake up from our complacent slumber and live lives that glorify Your Name. Help us to be a beacon of light in the community around us. Help us to be active and alive. Help us to be faithful to the calling that You have for us.

Bose Systems Malaysia and Co-workers
Father I thank You for giving me the ability to provide for myself and eventually my family. Would You bless Bose Systems Malaysia, that it may continue to grow and prosper in our business and venture, that I may share in the benefit of its prosperity? Would You bless my employers and my colleagues, that they may find joy, satisfaction and success in the works of their hands? Would You grant me favor in the eyes of my employers and colleagues, that I may be a testimony of Jesus to them and may my work glorify You in my workplace.
Batu Kawan Ministry
Father, I want to remember that ministries belong to You. Therefore, I ask of You to take ownership of Your ministry. This is Your house, You will fill it up Yourself. Please continue to provide for Your house. I thank You for providing Bible Study materials, kitchen utensils and a desk for Your servant. Today, You have again proven Your faithfulness by providing a refrigerator for Your house. So Lord, here I am, waiting for You to move. Help me to be obedient and faithful to Your calling. Teach me to trust in Your abundant providence. Help me to patiently wait upon You.

Flood in Sarawak
Father, You are sovereign over all things, including our lives, our land and our resources. Here I am, praying on behalf of Sarawak, that You would look upon with mercy. All things happen according to Your will and purpose, so in this time of disaster and suffering, help us to remember the consequences of our sins, arrogance and ignorance. Help us to wake up from our slumber and repent. Help us to shunt corruption and insist upon justice.

Father, I pray for ways for us to move and take action. Help us to come into the aid of our brothers and sisters in Sarawak. Open up channels for us to show that we have not forgotten them. O Lord, rescue them from suffering the consequences of our sins and corruption.

Personal Sins and Confession
Father, I come to You in recognition that I am a sinner that needs You. I dare not come before You claiming to be saints. But I come before You in boldness that Christ had died for me. I stand forgiven, not by my work, but by my faith in Jesus Christ who accomplished righteousness for my sake. Father I am sorry that I have been lustful and unloving; I am sorry for my way of life that does not please You nor glorify You. Thank You Jesus, for saving me despite my fallenness.

I give You thanks and I give You praise, for Yours is the power, glory and honor, now and forevermore. Amen!

Comments

  1. hi Kar Wai, it's been a while. Amen to your prayer indeed!

    i read through the latest 3-4 pages or so of your blog, and I thank God for He is working His hand so mightily through your life. I pray for your continued faith, and that you may have strength, wisdom, and hope, from our God, who is greater than our circumstances. Be blessed, and be reassured, that our God is good, and His ways are above our ways. Keep up the good fight! =) -isaac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Isaac,

      thank you for following. Yes, He is indeed great despite many failures of mine. I must thank Him for His grace. Keep up the good fight of faith!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had Walked Away

That Sea Raging in Me

November? No, Remember! Part 4