Lazy-Brained Generation

I just watch a reaction video of elders to a viral music video that's basically made up of imitation of chicken sound. When asked why do they think these MVs are such a success, a few of them responded "because people hardly give any thoughts to things anymore. Lazy brain. Anything that's pleasing and enjoyable comes at them, they are going to take it."

I have to agree with them. Honestly, I am a generation of people to take things without giving much thoughts. The rules are simple: I like it, I take it! As I reflect, oh God, isn't that how Adam and Eve fell into the deceiving trap of Satan?
So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate, and she also gave some to her husband who was with her, and he ate. 
Genesis 3:6
I guess I am guilty of being lazy-brained lately.  I haven't gave much thought on the things I do lately. When confronted with temptations, I hardly stop to think of the consequences. Over the course of (short) time, I'm back in my addictions. And there goes me, falling back into the same pit I walked right out of.

Are we being lazy-brained? Stop and think about it. Paul told us to flee from things that are snares in disguise of pleasure (1 Cor 10:13): sexual immorality (1 Cor. 6:18), idolatry (1 Cor 10:14), love of money (1 Tim 6:11), youthful passion and controversies (2 Tim 2:22-23). Instead, resist the Devil and he will flee from you (2 Tim 2:26) for He will provide you a way to escape (1 Cor 10:13); and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness and gentleness. (1 Tim 6:11). Paul reminded us to take hold of the eternal life (1 Tim 6:12) because godliness with contentment is great gain (1 Tim 6:6) and the eternal life through knowing Jesus Christ as our Saviour is a far greater treasure! (Phil 3:8)

God's Character, My Encounter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had Walked Away

That Sea Raging in Me

November? No, Remember! Part 4