Love Them Alike

"Let's show the kids some movie, they gonna love it!" I thought to myself two days before my departure to Lenggong, Perak. I somehow got myself "Joseph King of Dreams" and "Prince of Egypt", but how do I play it? I need an LCD projector.

I broadcast my request on Facebook, trying to see if there's anyone that could help me with that. I don't have much hope for that. After all, it doesn't matter if I have it or not, it's just better if I have it. Some friends suggested that I should request from my University. It is not impossible, but it is rather unpractical as I'm leaving the next day and there's really a lot of hassle doing so. It was also a disappointment after calling up 10th KL Air Scout Group as they need their projector at the duration of my loan.

On the other hand, my Facebook status which praises God for my exam result (which merely pass) attracted one of my old atheist friend, Wan's attention. And so I asked him out for a tea. As my elder, teacher and scout leader, he does have a lot of grandfather stories to tell. His stories were so interesting, I total forgot my projector. How can I forget to ask him when he is an IT adviser of his company?!

The quickly nudge him over Facebook chat once I was reminded. What comes next stunned me. "Lend you my projector? NO! I will GIVE you a projector!" After requesting his coordinate, I rammed my car all the way to his house.

The projector was huge! It's as big as a 3in1 Scanner-Printer. Impress me, the projector is 18 years old. At the time that it was bought, it costs him RM18 000. The projector is so old, its resolution only support up to 640x480, current computers no longer run at such low resolution. I was jumping with (so much) joy while Wan was puzzling why am I so happy about an old junk. "I'm going to bring this to the church in Lenggong, Perak." "You know what, ask the church to use this until it cannot work anymore, and don't bother repairing it. It's all theirs." Imagine those words came from the same mouth that denies God. I cannot praise God more for the wonderful, strange work of His hands.

Wan may not realise, but indeed God has blessed him beyond anything and chose him to bless His people. I never expect this from a good Samaritan, but it is indisputable that things like these happen. God let the rain and sun fall on righteous and unrighteous people alike (Matthew 5:45) and God blesses Christians and non-Christians alike. God can love an atheist as much as He loves us, then the question is, why can't we love them as much? Then the bigger question is, why can't we even love our brothers and sisters the same?

As I reflect this, how have I love the people around me? People who do not believe that Jesus Christ is Lord, people who do not even believe than God is God, how have I love them? I realised, I have not love as Jesus has commanded us. Do you love your neighbour?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had Walked Away

That Sea Raging in Me

November? No, Remember! Part 4