Post-exam Freak Out!

LOL, I don't know how many more freak out I have to go through. I know there are three more to go this year.

It was totally a relief the moment I finish writing craps on my Economy paper and the moment teacher announced "Masa sudah tamat!" Yes! The moment I've been waiting for!

I've never went through exams like this. People who knows me long enough know that I don't often have my textbook in my hands, not even before exams. But Form 6 has really taken me to a whole new level, I know I have to take this seriously right now.

I might seem over-calm and over-relax when facing my exams. It's not to show that I'm very smart and intelligent, did not mean it that way all the while. Few reasons why I do that.

  1. I need to be really calm and relax that my mind can be flexible enough to harvest whatever is in my brain and answer those questions.
  2. I want to calm the rest as well. (Which I think it goes the wrong way, haha!)
  3. No point pouring more things into a cup that is already full.

I do care actually, in fact I care more than what I actually show. And I take each exam seriously. I think exam is not how many questions you can answer, but how many questions you can’t answer.

God put tests in our life. He gives us everything and someday and somehow, He definitely has the right to take everything away. But the question is, why test?

Before you are tested, first you must have knowledge.

Proverbs 1:7

“The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge,
       but fools despise wisdom and discipline.”

God tests us to discipline us. He tests us so that we may really follow and obey Him.

Hebrews 12:10

“Our fathers disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness.”

God corrects us through tests

Proverbs 12:1

“Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge,
       but he who hates correction is stupid.”

And God tests us to know us and to let us know about ourselves. During the years in the desert, God constantly test the Israelites.

Deuteronomy 8:2

“Remember how the LORD your God led you all the way in the desert these forty years, to humble you and to test you in order to know what was in your heart, whether or not you would keep his commands.”

Test is so necessary to keep us from doing the wrong thing.

Exodus 20:20

“Moses said to the people, "Do not be afraid. God has come to test you, so that the fear of God will be with you to keep you from sinning.”

Do you see that God always has a purpose in His mind when He put things around us as if they are troubles for us? If you would think, if God loves us, why make troubles for us? Well, are you God that you know what He’s up to? Know you not that He has the right to take your intelligence that you claim to be higher than Him?

When God tests us, definitely He knows what our ability is able to achieve. He also test us to know our hearts and to let us know ourselves.

From examinations, we can know what our knowledge can answer and what our knowledge can’t. To know our strength and our weaknesses. The ultimate goal is to ADMIT our weakness and to improve! And you’ll eventually find out weakness of man’s strength and you’ll find that you need God. And finally, it leads you back to Him and to lean on Him.

Proverbs 12:1

“Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge,
       but he who hates correction is stupid.”

Are you?

So take heart, examinations are not the end of the world, perhaps it’s a new start. Take every one of the test seriously, for God treats you seriously. Know your weaknesses and lean on Him.

Hebrews 12:7-8

“Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father? If you are not disciplined (and everyone undergoes discipline), then you are illegitimate children and not true sons.”

Proverbs 3:11-12

“My son, do not despise the LORD's discipline
       and do not resent his rebuke,

because the LORD disciplines those he loves,
       as a father the son he delights in.”

Shout it out like Kind David, for a great King like him needed to be tested too.

Psalm 26:2

“Test me, O LORD, and try me,
       examine my heart and my mind;”

Psalm 139:23

“Search me, O God, and know my heart;
       test me and know my anxious thoughts.”

Finally,

Psalm 118:8

“It is better to take refuge in the LORD
       than to trust in man.”

Trust God, not yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

If I Had Walked Away

That Sea Raging in Me

November? No, Remember! Part 4