November? No, Remember! Part 1

Time just dashed right before me, especially when I get so caught up in the actions in life, I hardly have time to stop, reflect and record.Yet so much has happened in the past 4 months: places I've traveled, people I've met, things I've experience. It's time to count all my blessings.

1. Sabah, Land Under the Wind
I was extremely excited for this trip. While it may not be out of the country, but it's certainly my first vacation after nearly 2 years as a working adult. To be able to save enough to afford a getaway is by itself a great testimony of God's great abundance in my life.

Sabah was unforgettable. Even trying to recall the experience 4 months ago was enough to captivate my heart again. Her beautiful nature, breath-taking scenery, wonderful people and generous food portion stole my heart for the place. Especially Kundasang, the doorway to Mount Kinabalu. I've lived in the city for far too long, the idea of waking up to painting-like mountain view is just mind-blowing.

The serenity of Kilimu Village: a small, hidden village just a few kilometers away from Poring Hot Spring gave both Gabriel and I a day of time-out, of mental escape and of spiritual realignment. In the village's SIB church, we experience both of simplicity of village life, yet a vigorous passion for the Lord.
The islands of Sabah are enchanting. Gabriel and I parted ways for a day and I went on a solo day trip into Pulau Sapi. I even went on riding the former longest zipline in Asia, flying from Pulau Gaya into Pulau Sapi. The view was spectacular. My camera did not work during the fly, but what I saw was indescribable. even with a video. The water was so clear I could see the corals and fishes underneath.
My time in Sabah was a time to learn to let go of my desperate need to be in control and let God take me on an exciting journey in the pace that He wants me too. Much of my properly planned schedule for the trip didn't work, but I asked Gabriel to constantly remind instead to enjoy the ride, not to be frustrated by my foiled plans. And indeed, it was one heck of a ride in Sabah with God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Sea Raging in Me

If I Had Walked Away

Get Out of God's Way