#NoDistractionChallenge! Week 2

Day 6
The biggest torture at work, is when a task constantly demands my effort and brain-work, I often rely on social media and YouTube to deal with stress. When that was taken away, I find myself a little restless.
Day 7
Slept at 8pm the night before. A rainy night. The weather was cold and I had the sweetest sleep ever. Well rested, I had much energy to go to work with a smile.

Went to the gym for my Power Pump class. Today I added weight. I know I'm going to regret it tomorrow.
Day 8
Woke up with sore all over my body. Need more protein and more sleep tonight. I was still working on my project. In order not to lose progress, I've been keeping my laptop on sleep or hibernate mode. I still feel restless, but instead of social media, I deal with my stress by reading things on Science Alert, Did You Know, and Narutopedia.

Day 9
Some VIP came to our plant for a visit. It was like a warzone in the company. Pull some jokes on my colleagues during morning meeting as usual. This time it was about "Matthew of the Night Shift". He is an employee no one knows about, but is always there to watch over the night shift. Adnan was not there last night... 👻👻

Day 10
The first Friday to work half day. Sigh, I forgot to adjust my alarm last night and overslept. Usually, it doesn't go off on a Friday. Sigh, but still I wasn't late for work.

The production floor was empty. Other than myself doing my usual morning walk, not a soul to be found. Matthew of the Night Shift was waiting for me to hand over the shift I guess. "Sunyi macam ada hantu!" I remarked in the Whatsapp group. Boss, why did we have to come to work today?!

Met up with Pr. Koe for coffee. We spoke about church and some of the areas that we can do better. It is God's favor upon LXBC to have such experienced Pastor to shepherd us while he could be better paid elsewhere. We better do our best to keep him here until he's needed elsewhere.

Staying with the Ngo couple this weekend. Praise God, they have generously decided to bless me by having me every first weekend of the month so I have one less thing to worry about week after week. Had a hearty dinner with them and their amazing love story.

My relatives from Ipoh came up for Ching Ming and have decided to stay in my Homestay. It was nice to meet them again since Chinese New Year. But I really have so much more to work on my Homestay. So much is lacking.
CG tonight was Hacksaw Ridge. Amazing movie with an amazing story. Then it was supper with a lot of syok sendiri (self-induced high) because of the two cups of coffee I had today. Thanks caffeine. Supper was fun at Jiao Sai (lit. Bird Poo). Google that!

Still can't fall asleep tonight. 

Thoughts
After another 5 days of this challenge, not checking social media is no longer a big deal. But I've been missing out a lot. I almost lost a customer because I didn't reply a customer's message on Facebook.

As I check my 5 days old notification tonight and news feed, it was not as thrilling as I thought I would be. Instead I was filled with a tinge bit of jealousy as I see news of friends getting married, or some lovely dates, or some couple getaway or etc. There was suddenly a great sense of loneliness and dissatisfaction.

But as I looked back to write this down, I realised it was nothing but a false, temporal sense of loneliness for that moment. I had so much more in reality. I have colleagues that happily work with me, Pastor that loves me, Ngo couples that bless me, CG friends to share a movie and funny stories with. Beyond that virtual social world, I have a real, blessed life going on in reality!

Love • Christ • Unity

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Sea Raging in Me

If I Had Walked Away

Get Out of God's Way